Monday, November 09, 2009

Can you tell me how to get there?




So have you ever watched Sesame Street? Was it a TV show that you remember watching as a child? I'm curious because when I was growing up, we didn't have cable....as in.....it didn't exist. (Yes, I'm old, thanks for reminding me!)

Most of you have grown up with cable/digital satellite in your homes and Nickelodeon has been your network of choice. What differences or similarities do you see between the shows on Nickelodeon and the shows on PBS (like Sesame Street)? Is one better than the other?

Also, I'd like for you to do a little digging and see how Sesame Street has changed. You can find some clues in the article (click on the title of this post!), but you can also ask some of the older people in your life.
Post your comment below.

9 comments:

ArielR1 said...

Is this what our homework is?

AndrewC1 said...

on PBS the shows are made more for todlers and the shows on nickelodeon the show are mad more for middle students

StephanieS1 said...

The PBS shows, are made for younger children. However, on Nickelodeon, in the morning, shows for younger children are playing. Later on in the day, when children are coming home from school, shows on Nickelodeon convert to shows that older children would want to watch. When I was younger, I used to watch Sesame Street. It used to be on during the day when my older brother was at school.

BrittanyD1 said...

PBS consists of educational shows for young children such as two year olds. Nickelodeon on the other hand, is still for young kids, just with the ages ranging higher. For example, kids at the age of ten usually watch it. I would suppose PBS was better. The reason why is because my baby cousin came over a while back and I overheard some of the cartoon that was playing. It was teaching kids Manderin. Not advanced stuff like full sentences, but little things like hello in chinese or naming household pets. I barely spoke english at that age! In addition PBS also made it fun, like adding in dances and songs.

Unknown said...

I think that PBS is better for kids than nickelodeon. PBS has more puppets and things that kids would play with or relate to and most of the shows on Nickelodeon are for older kids.

JillianK1 said...

I think PBS is better for kids because it is at a more appropriate age level for children , mostly when they are babies . However , toddlers are usually the ones that watch on PBS , because it is less mature than nick . By the way , this is Jillian and Beckky . thanks (:

MattN1 said...

I think that PBS is more for kids from 3-6 and then Nickelodeon usually has shows that are a little more mature than sesame street. GO GATORS!

shanaR1 said...

On PBS its pretty much for toddlers all day and on Nickelodeon there are toddler shows only in the morning. PBS would be better for kids because it's on all day instead of just the morning. Also Big Bird is leaving Sesame Street. :(

DrewA1 said...

I thought this article was very sad because big bird has been there since the beggining and no one wants to see him go